A blog dedicated to finding and documenting JOY every day, even amidst life's chaos. To learn more about the Rose Family (and our thorns) feel free to visit www.CandyHeartsBlog.org.

Monday, February 14, 2011

2/14/11 -- Love

Life For A Child Button 2


God has been knocking on my heart for a long time.
For YEARS, He has been urging me with these words:
"Find the children and bring them insulin."

I'm swear I'm not crazy.

At one point, a few years ago, Jay and I were even considering a mission trip.
We were ready to give up everything, pack the girls, and go find them.
It was during that time, that I ran across the Life For A Child organization.

I was drawn to this organization in a way that is hard to describe.
I devoured the website.  I kept coming back time and again.
Google.  YouTube.
Whatever.
Passionately looking for more information.

I WAS ON A MISSION!

But then...
it seemed so overwhelming.
I felt helpless.
I felt like anything I could give wouldn't be nearly enough to put the slightest dent in the situation.
I began shoving all that information to the back of my mind.

The extreme conditions.
The sadness.
Children dying because they can't access insulin.
My heart broke.

I didn't know what to do with all the emotion.

I manged to ignore the tugging in my heart for awhile.

Until a few months ago.

I began seeing flashes of Sugar on the morning of her diagnosis.
So weak.
Moaning.
Limp.
I saw images of mothers holding their
weak
moaning
limp babies...
kneeling on a dirt floor...crying out for mercy to spare their child.
I imagined the slow misery of a child gasping for air.
And no one responding to a mother's wailing grief.

These images (and many more like them) haunt me.

When I couldn't stand it any longer,
I launched a campaign to support Life For A Child.

In the days since, I have experienced some incredible things.
More proof that God is in control.
Some of it I might share.
One day.

Today's Joy:  LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment