A blog dedicated to finding and documenting JOY every day, even amidst life's chaos. To learn more about the Rose Family (and our thorns) feel free to visit www.CandyHeartsBlog.org.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

2/13/11 -- Clean Bathrooms

Between you and me...
they were overdue.
Our bathrooms needed a good scrub. 
I had gotten away with surface cleaning longer than I'd care to admit.

EXCEPT...
I was out of toilet cleaner.
Bummer, I know.

So what do you do when the weather is beautiful and you need toilet cleaner?
YA PACK UP THE FAMILY AND RIDE TO THE STORE!
(about 3.25 miles each way)


For the most part, blood sugars cooperated (thankyouverymuch).
As I was riding behind her, I couldn't stop looking at her arm.
I'm used to seeing pump sites.
They're old news around here.
But Dexcom has been hidden under long sleeves.
I just kept marveling at her.
So strong.
Keeping pace.
Riding as if she owned the bike path.
All of her gadgets.
So proud of that girl of mine.

Yup!
Took a detour to find a geocache along the way.


We had to park the bikes, wander off the beaten path, and go down into the wash for this one.

Made it home safe and sound...with a blood sugar of 68.

My bathrooms are sparkling.
So feel free to come visit now :)

Today's Joy:  Putting off chores to enjoy a family bike ride.

3 comments:

  1. Love it!

    Come clean my bathrooms! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning doesn't happen as much as I'd like around here. When it does, I have to just sit and stare at it for a couple minutes because I know it will only last about 15 minutes if I'm lucky. I'm so proud of your little girl! It's great to see her taking care of herself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so little...and SO strong! Beautiful family day! (I am a little jealous that you can wear shorts though...we tried to ride bikes yesterday through the half melted snow!)

    ReplyDelete