A blog dedicated to finding and documenting JOY every day, even amidst life's chaos. To learn more about the Rose Family (and our thorns) feel free to visit www.CandyHeartsBlog.org.

Monday, March 28, 2011

3/28/11 -- School Nurse


Oatmeal and Sugar's blood sugars are fickle.
One day it works and the next it doesn't.
But she LOVES oatmeal.

I wouldn't feel good about oatmeal, and then sending her off to school if we didn't have such an awesome school nurse.

I love her.
Everyday, I pack a lunch with a note that looks something like this.
Everyday, she double checks my math and makes sure everything is in there before giving insulin.
Everyday, I know Sugar is in good hands...even if she had oatmeal for breakfast!

Today's Joy:  Our wonderful school nurse!

1 comment:

  1. Diddo! Our nurse has been with Maddison for 5 years now and I can honestly say she kicks Diabetes butt based on **her** knowledge of Maddison's most recent patterns, not the written plan. How cool is that!!??

    ReplyDelete