A blog dedicated to finding and documenting JOY every day, even amidst life's chaos. To learn more about the Rose Family (and our thorns) feel free to visit www.CandyHeartsBlog.org.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1/4/11 -- Smiles In The Mail


Our health insurance doesn't pay for blood ketone strips.
We don't need them very often, but they're nice to have on hand when Sugar gets sick.

When Jay and I went to Vegas to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, I had the pleasure of meeting up with Alexis.  Knowing that we don't have affordable access to blood ketone strips, 
she gave me several boxes.  

In the time since, I've given most of them away to other D families who needed them due to illness.
Alexis sent me a message to see if we needed more and I told her that I was almost out.

Then another boxful showed up on my doorstep today!
She even included a treat for each of the girls :)

I have a tradition of putting a little surprise under everyone's pillow while they're at school.
They always rush home, excited to see what awaits them.
Sometimes it's a small piece of candy...or a sticker...or a tube of chap stick...
Today they found a little chocolate bar and a fairy shaped rubber bracelet, sent with love from Vegas.

Today's Joy:  A community of D Mamas near and far who never cease to make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment