A blog dedicated to finding and documenting JOY every day, even amidst life's chaos. To learn more about the Rose Family (and our thorns) feel free to visit www.CandyHeartsBlog.org.

Monday, January 31, 2011

1/31/11 -- Solo


Today's pillow surprise was a candy cane.
I knew she would be having a friend over after school, so I wanted to leave a little something extra special.

After the squealing and excitement subsided, she confidently walked into the kitchen and announced:

"Mom. I'm going to bring my sugar stuff in here in case I feel low. We're going to shut the door and play in my room. I can handle it and will let you know if I need anything."

I didn't want to pry.
I didn't want her to think I couldn't trust her.
But I had to make sure she got the insulin for that candy cane.
So I opened her door, and sure enough....

My girl is growing up.

Today's Joy:  Small victories and strides of independence.

1 comment: